Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 30: Pergola post skirts, first grilled dinner

It's getting down to final touches. They installed the skirts on the pergola posts today, and ran a length of wire up a groove in one post through a conduit to an outlet behind the wall. They sealed the seams where the patio meets the house, and they patched up the stucco where it had gotten roughed up from the construction.

This evening, we had our first dinner on the grill. I hadn't really planned ahead for that, so I didn't have any fancy inaugural steaks. Improvising with what I had on hand, I did a couple of salmon steaks and a butternut squash. We still need to figure out lighting, and I was cooking in the dark, so the salmon was a bit underdone, but the squash came out great.

1 comment:

Geof said...

You guys should have a bring your own meat party. For the grill, I mean. :-)